11.18.2007

Evolution

"Where you used to be, there is a hole in the world, which I find myself constantly walking around in the daytime~ and falling in at night." ~Edna St. Vincent Millay

---> has evolved into something much more hopeful :)

Where you used to be, there is no longer a hole in the world, but just a little divot which I find myself constantly annoyed by in the daytime, and easily stepping over at night. 


    I had a really wonderful weekend. I got to spend the entire weekend with Jamee. And really-- entire. We woke up together (haha... yes I sleep in her bed) and got lunch, layed around, went shopping, ate dinner, relaxed on the couch. It was much needed time with my bestest. 

As for the remaining areas of my life, I have taken the advice of the Beatles- let it be. There is so much I can't control, so much I can't predict, all I can do is just let it be, leave it alone, embrace it and take it for what it is. When you follow this rule of living... everything becomes easier to walk with. So much of what I was grasping I have let fall in the midst of my steps. I can look behind me and see the remains of what I dropped just meters before, and in no way am I tempted to run back and pick it up. I'm leaving it for the birds. It's almost gratifying to see it decay in the road.

I am still your average girl. I cry about irrational situations, I am plagued by the dreamer's disease, and am in love day in and day out :) I would have it no other way. I have opened the curtain and discovered the true and somewhat pathetic identity of the wizard. He has no role. He has no place in my head, and definitely no control of my heart.


No comments: